7th Grade - Information Technology & Communcations
Course Description: Keyboarding is a one semester course designed to help students develop speed and accuracy by learning touch type operation of the alphanumeric keyboard characters. Emphasis is placed on the following: mastery of the keyboard with desirable keyboarding technique, development of speed and accuracy, and proper care of equipment. Keyboarding is the foundation for developing entry-level skills for business careers.
- Establish sound work habits and attitudes.
- Get familiar with proofreading marks.
- Learn the alphabetic and numeric keyboard, as well as the symbols.
- Learn to use word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and applications
- Identify and create memos, different types of letters, and reports.
- Learn how to implement everything learned in a job situation.
- Demonstrate understanding of successful and safe navigation on the internet.
Timed Writing Scale
35+ wpm 105 points Bonus
30 wpm 100 points A+
25-29 wpm 90 points A-
21-24 wpm 85 points B
19-20 wpm 80 points B-
16-18 wpm 75 points C
14-15 wpm 70 points C-
12-13 wpm 65 points D
10-11 wpm 60 points D-
5-9 wpm 55 points F
1-4 wpm 50 points F
This scale will change near end of the Quarter.